A little bit of love goes a long, long way… except on daytime television.
The fate of RuPaul’s talk show has been revealed in a new interview with the Los Angeles Times.
RuPaul sat down with the publication to discuss his new Netflix series, AJ and the Queen. Naturally, the conversation turned to his many other projects, one of them being the eponymous chat fest that ran for a three-week test run back in June 2019.
According to the L.A. Times, Warner Bros.—one of the production companies behind RuPaul’s talk show—will “not be moving forward with the project.”
When the daytime series was announced last year, its description promised that Ru would “showcase his aspirational message with celebrity and newsmaker interviews, along with empowering everyday people to become their best selves. His sense of beauty, makeup and style will make the runway work for everyone.”
“Now more than ever before we need a global voice that will help everyday people navigate this unique time in history,” Ru had said in a press release. “Not only do I want to be a part of that conversation, I want to help facilitate it.”
During the three-week trial run, Ru had a slew of celeb guests on his show, including James Corden, Adam Lambert, Paula Abdul, and Matt Bomer (not to mention a few special guests from the Drag Race family, like Michelle Visage and Ross Mathews).
Don’t worry: Even without RuPaul on your screens every weekday, you will still be seeing plenty of the Supermodel of the World. His new series, AJ and the Queen, hits Netflix January 10. New seasons of RuPaul’s Drag Race and Drag Race U.K. will premiere later this year, along with a special celebrity edition of the reality competition series.
“I’m going to keep doing it [Drag Race] ’til the wheels fall off this…” Ru told the L.A. Times. “What I love about what drag has offered me is the ability to be creative in this way. That’s my passion. That’s what I live for.”
Everybody say love!